This is an amazing nutritious muffin that can be eaten for breakfast or as a great protein snack on the go, and tastes great to boot. Full of protein, and some veges too. Do not be fooled by the kidney beans you will never know they were even there. My kids have always loved these. Enjoy.
- 1 Can (15 to 16 oz) canneliini beans, rinsed and drained (other name is white kidney beans)
- 1/3 cup of non dairy milk
- 1 1/2 cups gluten free flour
- 1 jar of pureed carrots baby food or puree your own
- 1 tsp baking soda (aluminum free)
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1tsp ground cinnamon
- 3 Tbsp Hemp seeds
- 2 Tbsp. seeds of choice
- 6-7 dates mashed (no pits)
- 3 Tbsp. coconut oil
- 2 eggs*
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup of frozen blueberries
- Heat oven to 375F. Grease a 12 cup and a 6 cup muffin pan with coconut oil or use silicone cups.
- In blender or food processor process beans with milk until smooth.
- In a separate bowl mix flour with baking soda, cinnamon, and salt.
- In a separate large bowl beat dates and coconut oil until blended. Add eggs (or flax egg replacement for dairy free) and vanilla.
- Alternately beat in bean and flour mixture to creamed coconut oil.
- Fold in blueberries.
- divide mixture among muffin cups.
- bake muffins 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown .
*Dairy free: Flax as an egg replacement: 2 tbsp (14 g) crushed flax, 5 Tbsp (74 Ml) water Let rest 5 minutes to thicken, then at to recipe in place of eggs.
Please note: This is not my original recipe, but one I adapted for my own use.