No more canned soup for you. Processed soups are full of msg, are very high in sodium, and lack nutrients because they are so processed.
Bone broth is rich in minerals calcium, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium, silicon, and sulphur that our body can readily absorb. Cooking the broth for 12-24 hours extracts chondroitin, glycine, and glucosamine, and collagen from the bones, tendons and cartilage. Drinking 1 cup a day can help smooth the skin, heal the digestive tract, improve immunity, and reduce inflammation and joint pain.
The broth can also anywhere where you would use stock like in a vegetable soup, stew, stir frys.
- 1 litre filtered water
- lbs bones, from grass fed beef or organic chicken
- 1 onion with peel, chopped
- 2 large carrots, chopped
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 1 tbsp Organic Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 Tbsp sea salt
- Place bones in large stock pot and add vinegar and water.
- once water is boiling skim off scum from top
- Add vegetables and bring to a boil.
- Simmer on low for 48 hours for beef or 24 hours for chicken
- Strain and discard bones.
For ease of use a crock pot may be used.