I thank my spinning friend Eva for this wonderful recipe that has saved my life since going dairy free. It is creamy, tangy, thick and everything yogurt should be. I add 2 tbsp of hemp seeds, 2 tbsp chia seeds, 2 tbsp home made granola, 1/2 a banana, some goji berries and I have a breakfast packed full of EFA’S, protein, collagen, antioxidants, healthy fats, probiotics, and prebiotics.
You can add lots of other options to this recipe like cocoa nibs, cacoa powder, different fruits, nuts, seeds, go crazy!!!!
You will need a high speed blended to create this recipe.
- 3 cups filtered water
- 1 cup of cashews (soaked overnight and rinsed)
- 3 tsp of grass fed gelatin
- 2 tsp of filtered water to mix with gelatin
- Probiotic of choice
- 1 tsp of vanilla
- 1 TBSP of raw honey
- Soak cashews overnight.
- Rinse cashews.
- Add cashews and water to high speed blender and blend until you have cashew milk. You do not need to strain.
- In a separate bowl add 3 tsp of gelatin to some water to thicken.
- Add honey, gelatin, probiotic (if it is in a capsule, open capsule, put into yogurt and throw away empty capsule) , to cashew milk and blend on smoothie mode.
- Pour yogurt into a sterilized glass bowl ( I cover mine with unbleached parchment paper and an elastic) or separate small mason jars.
- You can now put yogurt in yogurt maker, or put into a dehydrator at 110 degrees and leave it there to ferment for 8to 12 hours.
- If you do not have a dehydrator or yogurt maker you can preheat oven to 150. Once preheated turn oven off, turn oven light on and place yogurt on bottom rack and leave for 8 to 12 hours.
- Once fermented it will be nice and bubbly on top with a great tangy scent. mix well, cover and place in fridge to set for 4 hours to overnight.